Covid-19 Update – Indoor Services Begin July 12
Our church has now unanimously approved the nominating slate and 2020-2021 operating budget. Thank you to everybody who submitted their vote online. We will install our new leaders this coming Sunday, June 28th, at the 9:15 drive-in service. I am grateful to those who are rolling out of leadership positions. Thank you for serving the church faithfully during a very challenging and unprecedented season.
I want to specifically thank two very special people for their strong leadership this past year, Billy Crawford and John Stauffer. Billy has been on the Woodmont board for six years now – first Treasurer, then Chair Elect, and then Chair. He has given bold leadership throughout the visioning process, capital campaign, construction project, and now during a health pandemic. I cannot say enough good things about Billy, his commitment, character, and everything he has done for the church. John Stauffer, my brother, has served as the Chair of our Elders for the past year. He too has given spiritual leadership to this church during this time. I admire his character, intuition, balance, fortitude, and like Billy, I can’t say enough good things about the job he has done. Both of these individuals have given their heart and soul to Woodmont, and I can’t thank them enough. Please join me in thanking them next time you see them. Starting July 1st, LA Galyon will become our next board chair and Anne Arney will be our next Elder Chair. Stephanie Bowman will serve another year as Chair of the Deacons.
Nashville has now entered Phase 3 of its reopening plan. Therefore, the Woodmont Board has decided that we will begin offering indoor services on Sunday, July 12th. For the next two weeks (June 28 & July 5), we will continue our drive-in and online services. Based on leadership feedback, we have aired on the cautious side of moving back inside.
Beginning, July 12th, here is the new worship schedule.
9:00 a.m. – Drive In Worship
10:15 – Sanctuary & Drowota Hall Worship
*the 10:15 sanctuary service will also be live-steamed on YouTube and then put on our website
Rich Sanderson, who chairs our worship committee, is working with a small group of leaders to hammer out the details to make safety, cleanliness, and communication a top priority. Here is what we already know.
• The indoor services will be at 10:15 a.m.; drive-in moved back to 9:00 a.m.
• We will take RSVP’s beginning Wednesday on our website during the week for 100 people in the sanctuary and 100 people in Drowota Hall
• Social distancing will be expected between family units
• Initially, no nursery or Children’s Sunday School will be offered until a later date; we are still working that out
• We encourage parents with smaller children (10 and under) to keep attending the drive-in services or to take turns coming to the indoor services; parents will need to make that call
• There will be a deep cleaning of both the Sanctuary and Drowota Hall before and after the services
• There will only be instrumental music initially
• Facial coverings will be required for those attending the indoor services
• No passing communion trays; individual element packets available at a later date
• Offering baskets will be placed by the doors and we continue to encourage online giving
We will live into this together, as safely as possible, and do our very best to keep our members healthy. We encourage Woodmont members to choose the worship option that is best for you and your family. Please watch the newsletter and the website for additional details leading up to July 12th.
September 16, 2021
September 07, 2021
August 19, 2021